Oct 26, 2008

Surgery update

At least I'm well enough to type, right? The day I had the surgery I felt like a rock star (still numb from the anethesia), then I woke up at 3:00 a.m. and realized that I actually did have my wrist sliced open. I don't know if any of you felt the same, but I had the same experience after I had Sienna. You feel great when you're all numb, then you wake up in the middle of the night feeling all sorts of pain. My wrist is definitely still very sore and now I have the incision from the surgery, but I'm doing pretty well. Although I feel pain from the incision, I no longer feel the pain that I felt before, so I think the surgery was a success. It's actually been easier than I thought it would be to take care of Sienna. I'm lucky she is such a good baby, otherwise I'm sure the recovery would be a whole different story. I'm suppose to keep using my hand/wrist otherwise I could end up having to do physical therapy, so I figured a little blogging would be some good therapy. A big THANK YOU to all my friends and family who have helped with meals, cleaning, and babysitting...and for making my life SO much easier! Love you!

2 comments:

Melanie Jacobson said...

I'm glad it went well. I wouldn't want to try one-handed baby wrangling.

Katie said...

LOL, I wish I could have felt numb during ANY part of having Mia before or after! No epideral will do that to ya! Glad the surgery was a success and that you can finally blog again. You too good to leave comments now? LOL...Miss you!