Nov 6, 2007

Homemade caramel to die for

This is my friend Kelly's recipe for homemade caramel. Due to multiple requests for the recipe, here it is. It's perfect for dipping apples or for caramel corn.

Homemade Caramel
Mix together and bring to a boil:
1/2 cup butter
2 cups of brown sugar
3/4 cups corn syrup

When boiling, add:
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk

Boil on medium (I stir it constantly) for 15-20 minutes or until the caramel forms a soft ball when dropped into cold water. Make sure not to cook too long!

Remove from heat and add:
1 tsp vanilla

Let cool for about 5 minutes before dipping apples.

4 comments:

Emily C said...

wooo hooo!!! i've been waiting for this!! jeremy loved this stuff too!
thanks girlie!

we still on for bachelor tonight?!?

Anonymous said...

Hey Thanks for the recipe. I have been wanting it! You did great last night, by he way! That song is hard you are so talented.

Matt and Kay Jones said...

ummm... that carmel sounds delicious! I think I might have to try it! It was so good seeing you at the wedding, and your halloween costumes were awesome!

FLY said...

WOW!!! I enjoy cooking and finding great recipes - I would have to place this carmel recipe at the very top of the list - excellent flavor and very easy to make.