Aug 29, 2009

Stuffed Strawberries


I made this recipe a couple of weeks ago for a family party and had to share. I also made them for book club for an easy snack/dessert. They are super easy and insanely delicious! It would be very easy to lighten the recipe by using fat free cream cheese and fat free whip cream or a sugar substitute. I did some using almond extract and some using vanilla. I think the vanilla was my favorite.

Stuffed Strawberries
1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat)
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
1 quart strawberries, capped
Chocolate shavings

Directions: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and almond/vanilla extract until smooth. Spoon cream cheese mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip. (You could also use a ziplock baggie, and just cut the corner). Chill for 1 hour (I skipped this step and they still turned out great). Quarter strawberries from tip to stem end without cutting them all the way through. You could also cut them the opposite direction, like the top picture, but then they don't stand up. Pipe cream cheese mixture into strawberries. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Chill until ready to serve.

4 comments:

The Olsons said...

Mmmm these looks good! I love when you post yummy recipes, I do try them ya know.

Penelope Walker said...

I just had stuffed strawberries for the first time this weekend - amazing! Just wrote about it for MyPunchbowl's party planning blog and linked to your post.

Leah said...

I was linked to your blog from punchbowl and I am very excited to try the strawberry recipe! I also wanted to so thank you for the quote from Sister Hinckley. I have never heard it before and I really enjoyed it! Thanks again!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your Strawberry recipe! I am celebrating my 15th anniversary this month and will be excitedly trying it.