Mar 1, 2009

Chipotle Hummus

My friend Emily made this yummy hummus the other night. She got it from www.lizrosenbaumfitness.com. It's soooo good, and super healthy! It's got a few crazy ingredients, but once you have them, it's super easy to make. Emily found everything at Macey's. I found most of it at Smith's (other than the Tahini, which they ordered for me). Dan and I have been trying to find healthy snack options and this is definitely a keeper. It was great with celery, bell peppers & carrots. Here's the recipe...

Chipotle Hummus

1 can garbanzo beans

1/4 cup water

2 tablespoons Tahini (sesame seed paste)

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 roasted red pepper (from a jar)

1 - 2 sun-dried tomatoes

1 chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce

1 clove garlic crushed

1 teaspoon cumin

1 teaspoon salt

Just throw all the ingredients in a food processor and blend. It's great as a vegetable dip, but also on sandwich's or wraps. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

possible gourmet club appetizer? sounds great!

Melanie Jacobson said...

You know I love hummus. This sounds good! I think Costco carries tahini (although who knows if you would ever need that much).