Aug 4, 2008

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Last night my sister-in-law Kate made this chocolate zucchini cake that was so delicious! I got the recipe from her, so I had to share. She just frosted it with a store bought chocolate frosting, but I'm sure it would be even better if you have a favorite homemade frosting recipe. Hope you like it!

CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE

1/2 c. butter
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. cooking oil
1 3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. buttermilk
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. cocoa
2 c. zucchini-shredded

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all the wet ingredients and then stir in the dry ingredients. Pour into 9 X 13 pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until done. (Just watch closely!)

1 comment:

Jeff and Stephanie said...

My family has an awesome chocolate zucchini cake too that we seriously love! Our recipe is a little bit different, but instead of frosting - we cover the top with chocolate chips right before you bake it! DELICIOUS!