Apr 3, 2008

Eclair Cake Recipe....I had to share!

For anyone who hasn't tasted an eclair cake, this is the most delicious dessert ever! My friend Amber put it in our ward cookbook and I was excited to try it. It's actually pretty easy and it makes an incredible dessert, so I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't share it! The presentation is also great as well, so it's perfect for holidays, dinner parties, bridal showers, etc... The best part is that it looks like you slaved away for hours, but it's pretty quick. I hope you love it as much as I do! Enjoy!
Here's the recipe for an Eclair Cake:
Crust:
1 1/2 cubes butter
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups flour
6 eggs
Topping:
8 oz. cream cheese
3 Tbsp milk
2 small packages instant vanilla pudding
3 cups milk
1 large Cool Whip
Hershey's Syrup
In large saucepan, bring butter and water to a boil. Take off heat and gradually add flour. Add eggs one at a time, beating a little after each egg. Spread on a large greased cookie sheet, leaving 1 inch around edges. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes; cool. (I've cooled it in the freezer to speed up the process and that works great). Mix together cream cheese and 3 tablespoons of milk. Set aside. Mix together pudding and 3 cups of milk. Fold in cream cheese. Fold in Cool Whip. Pour over cooled crust. Swirl chocolate syrup on top. Keep refrigerated.

1 comment:

The Olsons said...

I just had this at Enrichment Night the other day. It was very good! Thanks for the recipe, I guess I will have to try to make it sometime!