Feb 11, 2009

Garlic Chicken Farfalle (with a kick!)

This was served at our last gourmet club, and it SOOOOO tasty. I had to share! I made some adjustments to make it a bit healthier and I think it still tasted delicious. I made it last night for some friends and for Dan and they raved. Here's the recipe...

Garlic Chicken Farfalle (with a kick!)

Ingredients
16 oz. farfalle pasta (I have never found farfalle--bowtie--pasta in whole wheat, so I just used penne)
1 cup heavy whipping cream (I used light)
3-4 chicken breasts
2-3 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp pepper (this definitely adds a kick, so if you don't love spice, use less pepper)
1/2 cup butter
1 lb bacon, crumpled (I used 4 strips of turkey bacon)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 (12 oz) bottle Lawry's mesquite marinade with lime juice (I found it at Smith's)

Directions:
Crock pot chicken and bottle of marinade on low for 6 hours. Pull marinated chicken out of the juices, allow to cool a little bit, and shred (or pull apart). Set this aside. (Discard remaining marinade). Cook bacon and cut into small pieces. Set aside. About 1/2 hour before serving, boil pasta. In small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese and crumpled bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl, pour over cooked drained pastsa, add chicken and stir through. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese.

3 comments:

The Olsons said...

Holly,
This sounds SOOO good! I will have to try it, so thanks for sharing, I always enjoy a new recipe. And I can already tell that I will like this one.

Amy said...

MMMmmmm.... That sounds delicious. I think I know what's cooking for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing. I didn't know that they do light heavy whipping cream. I'm going to have to look for that.

Emily said...

I had this and this is delish! Can't wait to make it soon.