Apr 3, 2008

General Conference Challenge

I was recently reminded about a "formula" for getting your personal message from General Conference. (For more information about the LDS Church or General Conference, see www.mormon.org or www.lds.org). I served my mission in the England London South Mission and my mission president's wife, Bonnie Parkin, would give us this challenge every 6 months, as we listened to General Conference. She would challenge us to 1. Listen to General Conference with an open heart, praying to receive your personal message 2. Identify your personal message (that talk or thought that was meant just for you!) 3. Apply it in your life 4. Watch miracles happen. I think another important part is to write it down, so you can remember the promptings and inspiration you received. I've followed this formula many, many times and I know it works, so I thought I'd pass it along.

No comments: