Apr 15, 2008

Weekend in Dana Point

My aunt & uncle have a beach house in Dana Point, so Dan and I invited Dan's sister Debi and her husband Jared to come down to stay for the weekend. We had such a great time. We were so lucky because it was the most perfect beach weekend! I think it was in the 90's on Saturday. This first picture is a picture from the patio, which overlooks The Strand, which is right on the other side of Dana Point Harbor. What an amazing view! They are developing the land right on the beach below them and rumor has it that Bill Gates and George Clooney have bought a few of the $6 million lots. Amazing....

Saturday we surfed at San Onofre and played on the beach. Ok, well, everyone else surfed while I hung out (in my hot maternity swimsuit and prego belly) on the beach. It was the perfect beach day!



My aunt was really sweet and took us to dinner that night at Zushi, which is a great Japonese restaurant down in the harbor. So tasty!

After dinner, my aunt took us on the grand tour of another beach house they bought as an investment property. They have spent the last few years renovating the place and it's pretty amazing. It is right above Dana Point Harbor. I took just a few pictures of the house--it's an older house that was built by an artist so it's pretty eccentric, and they kept alot of his artwork. Here's a few pics.

This is the quartz (you can't see the bright green as well in the picture) kitchen counters and most of the kitchen that came from Germany. They also have alot of pieces (like the two below) that came from the the ship The Queen Elizabeth. So crazy...

The boys made us a fabulous breakfast Sunday morning and we ate on the patio. Dan and I then went to our old ward in San Clemente, which was fun. It was really nice to see some old friends. What a great weekend!

8 comments:

Jensen Family said...

For a girl who is craving some sunshine that post was just mean. But I love ya and just know that I am super jealous.

harmony said...

So is that part of the draw for all you Californians? I mean, really. It was snowing today and the wind blew my trash cans two houses away. Gotta love Highland!

Dawn said...

where was the pic of you in your hot pregnancy swimsuit? I know you're not feeling like snapping a bunch of pics but seriously they're great to see later (once you've shed a few of the L-Bs)

Riewerts' said...

San-O brings a tear to my eye...

Katie said...

Have you heard of sunscreen? LOL!YOU ARE tan girl!

Katie said...

Have you heard of sunscreen? LOL!YOU ARE tan girl!

Dixons said...

Katie, that's me after reapplying sunblock 3 times! Crazy...I'm discovering that my skin is definitely more sensitive when I'm pregnant!

Katie said...

You've got great color! I think my skin was like that when I was pregnant too. I mean lets just be honest, we can't help it that we have skin that tans well! Haha! I think we'd be in trouble if we didn't have skin that tans for how much we love the sun and the beach.