Oct 26, 2008

Happy Birthday, mama Hanson!!!

This is a belated birthday post for my mom. Happy Birthday, Mamacita! Her birthday was last week ago on Oct 22. To celebrate we met up with my family in SLC for dinner at a great restaurant called Gepetto's. Everyone was there but Jeff & Carolyn and their kids (who we always miss!). I love that I have joined the world of easy gift giving because when you're a parent you can always give pictures of those adorable grandkids! My mom is the best grandma in the world. She seriously can't get enough of Sienna and just spoiled us both. One reason I love being in Utah is that I get to see her so much. I've always had a close relationship with my mom and I so grateful for that. She has always been a constant in my life--someone I know I can always count on, who loves unconditionally and always seems to know just what to say to make everything better. I am grateful for her example of compassion and love. Both she and my dad have such big hearts and are constantly thinking of others. She is faithful and devoted to the gospel. For that, I am most grateful. I have watched her serve faithfully in so many callings and live the gospel to the fullest. I hope to someday be the kind of wife, mother and friend that she is. I don't know what I would do without her in my life. She is simply the best! Love you, mom! The Birthday girl, Sienna and my dad "blowing" out the candles (this is a reenactment, since the photographer--I won't name names, Janelle--was too busy looking at pictures on the camera and missed the real thing!)

Frame of all the grandkids for my mom to put in her office at work (to make everyone jealous that her grandkids are cuter than theirs)
Brad & JanelleRob & Grandma Tink My grandma just loves holding Sienna. All her grandkids are grown up, so it's been fun for her to have a baby around

Grandma and the boys
Me & Dan (trying to get some sympthy the day after my surgery). Oh, and that's my really mature brother Brad. Somehow one of my lame brothers always ends up in the background of my pictures.

No comments: