Jul 17, 2008

Great quote

"No matter how serious the trial, how deep the distress, how great the affliction, God will never desert us. He never has, and He never will. He cannot do it. It is not His character. He is an unchangeable being; the same yesterday, the same today, and He will be the same throughout the eternal ages to come...We may pass through the fiery furnace; we may pass through deep waters; but we shall not be consumed nor overwhelmed. We shall emerge from all these trials and difficulties the better and purer from them, if we only trust in our God and keep His commandments." -George Q. Cannon

3 comments:

Matt and Melody Odell said...

We miss you guys too! I am so glad we can catch up with each other through the blog network. That's awesome that Dan has started his new job, I'm so excited for you guys and all you will experience in Utah. Send Dan our love!

Hoagland Family said...

What a great quote. We all know that our lives are always changing and we sometimes find ourselves taken out of our comfort zone. I felt that many times in my life and I'm very grateful for Heavenly Father and that promise to always be there for us. I think he uses people to help us through those times and Holly I can guarantee that you have been that person MANY times in others lives!!

I know...kinda sappy(sp?) for a blog entry:)

Carolyn Hanson said...

Perfect quote for what we're going through right now-especially my Aunt Donna. Thanks, Holly. You are wonderful!