Mar 24, 2008

Quote on Faith

This is a great quote on faith that I read the other day. I love the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego. It was just what I needed to hear, so I thought some of you might need to hear it as well. It's stuff that we've heard a million times, and it's really quite simple, but for some reason I constantly need to be reminded that there is Someone in charge of my life who knows what is best for me! I just need to trust Him...completely.


"Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego knew that they could trust God--even if things didn't turn out the way they hoped. They knew that faith is more than mental assent, more than anacknowledgment that God lives. Faith is total trust in Him. Faith is believing that although we do not understand all things, He does. Faith is knowing that although our power is limited, His is not. Faith in Jesus Christ consists of complete reliance on Him."
--Dennis E. Simmons
("But If Not . . .," Ensign, May 2004)

No comments: