Nov 9, 2011

Pumpkin Curry Soup

This is a yummy soup, so I thought I'd pass it along! It sounds a little weird, but the flavors are sooo good. Trust me.  Enjoy! :)

Pumpkin Curry Soup


2 c. canned pumpkin
4 Tablespoons butter
1/2 c. onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
4 cups of water (you can also add 1-2 extra cups of water, which is what I did and I liked the consistency/flavor)
6 small chicken bouillon cubes (or 3 large cubes)
2 cups half and half
2-3 chicken breasts, seasoned, baked and cubed
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 tsp curry
1 pinch nutmeg
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 to 3 cups cooked rice

In large saucepan, melt butter. Saute onion and garlic until tender.  Add everything else except the half and half and the rice.  Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.  Add rice and half-and-half at the end and heat through.  Add any additional seasonings (Salt, pepper, curry, etc...). It is very filling and serves about 6. Makes make great leftovers!

No comments: