Nov 23, 2009

Orange Almond Wassail

Isn't it the perfect time for wassail? I wish I had all the ingredients, I'd make this right now. I'm not about to brave the cold again today, so I'll have to give this a try another day. If you're looking for a yummy wassail recipe, this is the one. It has such an amazing flavor. It's the perfect drink for the holiday season. I've never had almond extract in wassail before, but it really seems to be the secret ingredient in this recipe. My friend Sunny said she added even more than the recipe called for, and will add even more next time, so use a heavy hand with the almond extract for a little more tastiness!


Orange Almond Wassail

Makes 12, 6-oz. servings

- 2 cups water

- 1 cup sugar

- 1 large cinnamon stick

- ½ tsp. whole cloves

Boil and then simmer for 30 minutes. Then add:

- 6 cups water

- 1 6 oz. frozen orange juice

- Juice of 1 lemon

- ½ tsp. almond extract

Pour into crockpot and keep warm

No comments: