Feb 20, 2008

Belated Valentine's Post...

I totally forgot to post about Valentines Day. I started the day by "making" and serving breakfast in bed for Dan (Ok, fine, I'm not doing any cooking these days, so it was really a gourmet McD's bacon, egg and cheese biscuit meal with OJ). Dan came home from work with some beautiful white calle lilies, which I love! Unfortunately I didn't even get any pics from the evening. I wasn't feeling too fabulous, so I wasn't up to going out, so I was grateful that Dan decided to make me dinner. I was just expecting him to fire up the grill and grill up his famous tri-tip steak, (which I do love) but he totally surprised me with a fabulous gourmet meal. He broiled sirloin steak topped with sauteed mushrooms, and made roasted potatoes with garlic, rosemary and parmesan and a ceasar salad (and Ben & Jerry's for dessert). It was so tasty! I was so impressed. He also had one of our favorite prints from Italy blown up, which we are going to have framed. He really spoiled me...I'm so lucky to have such a great hubby! We decided to start trading off every other valentines, so I'm in charge next year. I'll have to think of something really fantastic.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow! I didn't realize your man is a chef! How nice that he went all out this year. We miss you guys!